We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
As a Process Improvement Lead within Operational Delivery & Excellence team, you will lead exciting process improvement initiatives aimed at simplifying and streamlining how we deliver services. These will include managing all aspects of initiatives from opportunity to implementation, including actively managing budgets, project plan, stakeholders, resourcing (if required) and other set deliverables ensuring a quality outcome for the business unit.
You will also be actively involved in developing the Process Improvement program and the review of business wide processes to identify, prioritise and scope opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging stakeholders and sponsors to develop project objectives, scope, budget, risks, and delivery schedules;
- Establish and deliver stakeholder and change management plans;
- Establish and lead cross functional teams of SMEs, process owners and business analysts;
- Coaching stakeholders and team members on process improvement tools and techniques;
- Actively participate and drive the growth and development of the Process Improvement program;
- Deliver improvements on time and budget.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience delivering multiple cross functional process improvement projects on time, to specification, budget and quality;
- Experience with Process Improvement methodologies (Lean Six Sigma etc);
- Proven experience managing small to medium cross-functional projects and teams within a multi-divisional organization;
- The ability to respectfully challenge project team members and stakeholders, with the objective of gaining clarity, exploring options or testing the robustness of a proposed approach;
- The ability to navigate through ambiguity to achieve results;
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Business, Accounting etc);
- Prior exposure to project management in a medium to large service provider within Australia would be highly desirable.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.