Who We Are
Medibank’s Garrison Health Services (GHS) delivers a national integrated healthcare service to the Australian Defence Force (ADF). The GHS team manages and coordinates over 1100 on-base primary healthcare experts, providing access to seamless quality healthcare to over 80 000 uniformed ADF personnel from point of injury or illness to recovery.
A fantastic opportunity to get a foot in the door with the Australian Defence Force in a much coveted civilian based role. We are seeking experienced Registered Nurses as we increase the recruitment in Victoria of our casual pool. The locations of our Victorian sites include Albury and Puckapunyal. This is an incredibly rewarding environment working with an active and unique patient population and these vacancies have the opportunity to lead into permanent positions. If you are seeking a change from hospital wards, this might be the role for you.
As an RN you will be required to perform but not limited to the following clinical tasks:
- Coordinate/supervise sick parades, including triage, assessment, outpatient and inpatient treatment, inoculations parades and health promotion services;
- Delivery and assessment of nursing interventions including medication administration, Intravenous therapies, physical assessment and patient intervention;
- Development and maintenance of patient care plans and documentation of patient progress;
- Coordinate/supervise medical appointments including admission to Defence inpatient facilities and civilian hospitals;
- Supervision of Enrolled Nurses (EN) and Medical Assistants.
In order to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance, you will hold Australian citizenship (please note permanent residency is not accepted).
Other mandatory criteria includes:
- Full and unconditional registration in Australia with AHPRA;
- A minimum of 2 years post graduate experience with demonstrated recency of practice in one or more of the following acute clinical specialities: medical, surgical, Accident & Emergency environment, and Intensive Care.
Please note: your CV will need to demonstrate this for your application to progress
To find out more about what life on base is like for a Registered Nurse follow our link -