Who We Are
Medibank’s Garrison Health Services (GHS) delivers a national integrated healthcare service to the Australian Defence Force (ADF). The GHS team manages and coordinates over 1100 on-base primary healthcare experts, providing access to seamless quality healthcare to over 80 000 uniformed ADF personnel from point of injury or illness to recovery.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door with our Garrison Health Services in a civilian based role. Working in an incredibly rewarding environment treating an active and unique patient population. We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse with management experience to join our team full time on a 12 month maternity leave contract at Randwick. Responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the health centre, the Nurse Coordinator is a key resource on health related matters. Driving the nursing care, counselling, and assistance to physicians. The services provided are in an outpatient setting attached to the health centre.
As a Nurse Coordinator you will be required to perform a variety of clinical and administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Accepting responsibility for complex situations which may encompass clinical, managerial and educational contexts e.g. assistance with emergency medical responses, clinical review and complex complaint resolution;
- Workforce resource management in response to changing clinical needs. May also require taking a clinical load;
- Coordinating and leading a multidisciplinary team to deliver efficient and effective patient care;
- Advise on adequate staffing levels and supervision of service providers to enable the provision of high standard, efficient nursing care;
As Nurse Coordinator you will have Australian citizenship in order to hold a baseline security clearance. Other mandatory requirements include:
- A minimum of 5 years post graduate experience, with demonstrated recency of practice in one or more of the following acute clinical specialities: medical, surgical accident & emergency or intensive care;
- Post graduate qualifications in Nursing Management or related field of study or working toward same.
- Management experience in a clinical setting is highly desirable
Please note: your CV will need to demonstrate this for your application to progress
To find out more about what life on base is like for a Nurse Coordinator follow our link -