We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
We want to employ a person who has an aspiration to work in a business to business (B2B) environment as a sales professional that knows how to leverage client relationships to win more business. This means that you love having consultative conversations with existing corporate clients about how we can partner with them to enhance the health and wellbeing of their employees through private health insurance (PHI) and other health and wellbeing services.
It’s a sales role, where we help you develop and thrive in an environment that’s truly customer focused. This role isn’t just for anybody…, but if you are aspiring, resilient and enjoy ‘farming’ existing clients for additional business and have the commitment needed to help clients feel the value associated with building on their partnership with Medibank, then you will love this role.
The role will see you:
- Contact existing customers and have them agree to meet with you to talk about how growing their partnership with Medibank will benefit the health and wellbeing of their people
- Build a business plan and manage your own sales pipeline to ensure you meet both your sales activity and performance goals.
- Build deep relationships with decision makers to gain an understanding of their business to identify customer potential and encourage them to grow their partnership with Medibank.
- Use your self-awareness and influence skills to help clients see the value of growing their portfolio with Medibank.
- Use your communication skills to manage customer expectations regarding how they and their employees can make the most of the partnership arrangement.
We would love to hear from people with demonstrated success in developing and delivering well-executed sales approaches and ongoing customer-focused problem-solving. You have business integrity, and the resilience needed to contact, meet with and encourage clients to grow their partnership with Medibank. Demonstrated success in a professional and mature B2B sales environment where you communicate ideas with clarity, both verbally and in writing is a must.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work, we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.
Please note, if this position attracts a large volume of interest, the closing date for applications may be brought forward. With this in mind, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible