We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
As our Senior Planning and Costing Analyst within Medibank Health Solutions you will be supporting the annual and quarterly budgeting processes, through preparation of Group plan analysis, reporting packs and corporate plan board papers. You will be embedding planning process into new SAP enterprise business planning and control system.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with preparation of the annual 3-year forecast cycle project plan and reforecast process. Undertaking financial analysis of the Group consolidation with reference to key assumptions and business drivers, producing reporting packs and corporate plan board papers;
- Embedding forecast process into Medibank’s new SAP BPC environment, ensuring that the business uses the forecast tool effectively. Reviewing and improving corporate plan process to align with business processes and strategic priorities;
- Working with stakeholders across Commercial Finance, Actuary, Treasury, Strategy and the business to review forecast outputs and challenge assumptions for reasonableness to ensure financial plan is aligned with Medibank’s strategic priorities;
- Portfolio level commercial analysis to support the organisation’s strategic priorities; and
- Maintaining and updating current indirect cost allocation methodology and process, and driving strategic insight of customer profitability through the maintenance of a cost to acquire/cost to serve/cost to retain model.
To be successful in this role, you will have a tertiary qualification in accounting or related and be CA qualified. You will also have prior experience in financial advisory. You will have strong financial analytics skills with background in transaction/restructuring services or financial modelling, exposure to group wide planning cycles and cost allocation methodology and models.
You will have the ability to articulate messages clearly and produce reports in power point. You will have strong Excel skills and experience with financial reporting tools eg Microstrategy/Tableau. You will have stakeholder management experience and the ability to influence senior management.
Prior experience and knowledge of the health and Government industries within Australia would be highly desirable, but is not essential for this position.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.
Please note, if this position attracts a large volume of interest, the closing date for applications may be brought forward. With this in mind, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.