We’re passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
Reporting into the General Manager Consumer Portfolio, the Head of Portfolio Management is responsible for leading a team in optimising Medibank’s Consumer Portfolio performance.
This role will be responsible for driving portfolio performance by:
- Diagnosing portfolio performance utilising existing and enhanced financial and operational information
- Identifying strategic and tactical performance improvement opportunities – e.g. product innovations, front line interventions, marketing opportunities, customer experience improvements
- Optimising customer and product profitability across the lifecycle
- Driving cross-portfolio innovation
- Building business cases and presentations and gaining stakeholder support for change
- Engaging with leaders across the value chain to execute change on both the strategic and tactical opportunities
The role will lead a team to effectively execute on the above.
You will present with significant experience within product management and/ or strategy development either as an internal product lead or external consultant. Previous experience working within a product management, healthcare or financial services environment would be highly regarded.
Naturally, you must be able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen, analytical and problem solving capability.
Other key criteria include;
- Expertise with strategy development and/ or product development frameworks and methodologies and demonstrated success in structured problem solving
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills.
- Resourceful, with ability to find solutions where they are not obvious.
- Passion to make a difference/ action orientation and ability to get things done.
- Capacity to manage high activity level, constantly re-assessing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Strong team leadership and stakeholder engagement skills
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.