We’re passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
Working in the Member Health team of Medibank’s Healthcare and Strategy division this role will be accountable for contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of health services and programs associated with Medibank Group's Member Health initiatives.
Reporting to the Head of Member Health, the outputs from this role will directly contribute the Executive Management Team’s long term member health strategy to improve our members’ health and health outcomes, enhance their experience with Medibank and the healthcare system, and reduce costs.
Key areas of focus will include:
- Translational research – applying knowledge of health care service research and translating them into ‘real world” initiatives that meet the needs of the priority areas for MPL member health strategy.
- Program design and development- Assist in the design of new Member Health initiatives.
- Project Management and implementation- Manage the implementation of projects associated with Medibank Group's Member Health initiatives.
- Evaluation – contribute to the evaluation of member health initiatives; including clinical, financial and economic outcomes.
You will have a Masters Level degree In Public Health/ Health Management / Health Promotion (or studying towards and have Demonstrated experience working in health service development or program management. You will have demonstrated skills in development of health strategy and programs; with a focus on identifying and designing solutions to improve the health and health outcomes of Australians.
Other key responsibilities include;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative relationships with operational staff, clinicians and executive level stakeholders to achieve complex projects.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills including capability to design a project including associated timelines, resourcing requirements, risk management etc.
- Confident presentation skills including the ability to present complex information in a concise and meaningful manner with a strong focus on recommendations for action.
- Familiarity with public health concepts and data; including needs assessment, epidemiology, evaluation design methods, chronic health conditions and risk factors.
- Demonstrated flexibility to work in an environment where priorities are evolving and adaptability to manage several projects simultaneously. Ability to work independently and flexibly.
- Passionate about improving the health care of Australians.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.