We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support innovation, new thinking, and openly collaborating to share ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Who We Are
Medibank’s Garrison Health Services (GHS) delivers a national integrated healthcare service to the Australian Defence Force (ADF). Through Medibank’s extensive network GHS provides access to seamless quality healthcare to over 80 000 uniformed ADF personnel from point of injury or illness to recovery. The GHS team manages and coordinates over 1100 on-base primary healthcare experts, over 4000 medical specialists, 255 hospitals and over 8000 allied health professionals working in collaboration across all states.
Every considered challenging your skills of leadership with the Australian Defence?
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse with management experience to join our team in a full time role in the Brisbane area. Responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the health centre and participating in their training, the Nurse Coordinator is a key resource on health related matters. Driving the nursing care, counselling, and assistance to physicians. The services provided are in a ward setting attached to the health centre.
As a Nurse Coordinator you will be required to perform a variety of clinical and administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Accepting responsibility for complex situations which may encompass clinical, managerial and educational contexts e.g. assistance with emergency medical responses, clinical review and complex complaint resolution;
- Workforce resource management in response to changing clinical needs. May also require taking a clinical load;
- Coordinating and leading a multidisciplinary team to deliver efficient and effective patient care;
- Advise on adequate staffing levels and supervision of service providers to enable the provision of high standard, efficient nursing care;
- Coordination of the departmental nursing roster, covering 24 hours if required;
As Nurse Coordinator you will hold full and unconditional registration as a Registered Nurse in Australia with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority (AHPRA).
Other Qualifications include:
- A minimum of 5 years post graduate experience, with demonstrated recency of practice in one or more of the following acute clinical specialities: medical, surgical accident & emergency or intensive care;
- Post graduate qualifications in Nursing Management or related field of study or working toward same.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.