We’re passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
The Senior Commercial Analyst is a key member of the Planning & Forecasting team in the Commercial Finance division which is responsible for the development of the membership forecast for private health insurance. This role is accountable for ensuring that the commercial objectives of the business are translated into clear and robust assumptions to enable the planning process to be successfully accomplished for the PHI business.
Delivering this responsibility involves:
- Analysis of market and membership key drivers to ensure full understanding of external and internal performance trends and revenue implications
- Technical analysis of key membership and revenue performance trends and business initiatives to inform forecasting approach and commercial decisions
- Demonstrate strong technical and commercial knowledge in owning and delivering highly credible outcomes to senior management and executive teams
- Demonstrate understanding of private health strategic direction and business initiatives in a complex environment
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders to maximise a collaborative approach and shared ownership in the delivery of critical forecasting outcomes
You will have a tertiary qualifications in a finance, statistical, actuarial or business related discipline and have significant experience in advanced financial, statistical and other business related quantitative analyses.
Other key criteria include;
- Highly developed financial and commercial analysis skills with demonstrated ability to gain strong support from stakeholders
- Highly developed spreadsheet design skills with demonstrated success in analysing data from different data sources and turning it into actionable management information and commercial insights including the ability to create executive-ready presentations
- Proven ability to proactively self-manage and take initiative to drive improvements in processes and organisational understanding, juggling multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Previous health insurance/insurance or financial services experience is an advantage, but not mandatory.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.