We’re passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
The product owner digital is accountable for representing the “voice of the customer” by identifying and sizing opportunities and together with the discovery and delivery teams implement digital capabilities to meet customer/business needs in an agile fast paced environment. This key role helps drive the right outcomes for the digital (and business) portfolio, which requires research into the market, understanding the customer needs and addressing the problem to be solved.
The Digital Product Owner’s role is ultimately responsible for;
- Ownership/Accountability of the product roadmaps and prioritising, including reporting success and performance
- Identifying opportunities and providing insights around market and customer needs and guidance for product development
- Be a champion of the customer - Define and execute user stories that ensure a superior customer experience when using the feature/product
- Be the point of contact for the portfolio across the Medibank business and with external partners especially stakeholder engagement and stakeholder buy-in
- Prioritise roadmaps/features/requirements to meet business objectives and to improve customer experience; support the business and working with the business to prioritise and meet business objectives
- Support financial management and benefit realisation, including Business Case sign-off, stakeholder engagement and stakeholder buy-in
- Contributing to the Digital Strategy and portfolio tactical plans
You will have strong experience in managing digital products as Product Owner or Producer and effective communication skills (both in conversation and in writing), especially focused on running work-sessions and articulating and defending product decisions.
Other key criteria include;
- Demonstrated success in structured problem solving that includes problem definition, hypotheses testing, analysis plan and facilitating discussions
- Ability to uncover and understand technology requirements and capabilities
- Creative and analytical problem solving skills
- Has delivered key projects autonomously
- The ability to identify opportunities and action initiatives in a timely manner and actively understanding the surrounding environment
- The ability to deliver strong results and ensure information is effectively communicated to key stakeholders and actioned
- The ability to build and maintain horizontal and vertical networks
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.