We’re passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
The Head of Application development ensures that Medibank’s applications continuously deliver enhancements in line with business priorities.
The Head of Application development:
- Performs managerial duties across a budget of approx. $7m to oversee a team of approx. 36 staff (internal and partners);
- Builds strong and effective relationships with business product owners, portfolio managers, vendors and the IT team to deliver best practice and cost efficient solutions
- Leads the application manager team and contributes to the broader IT strategy
- Embeds improvements to the application development operating model across all application teams
- Ensures that workload is managed across the teams and steps in to cover for resourcing shortfalls
- Stands up new application teams as new business applications come online
You will be an experienced manager with a solid background in managing an application development environment and be willing to get your hands dirty when needed. You will also have:
- Previous experience in rolling out continuous delivery methodologies and min 3 years running teams in a continuous delivery environment.
- Had involvement in many IT projects of substance from inception through to deployment
- The ability to communicate complicated concepts in simple language.
- Proven ability to develop and lead teams
- Proven ability to influence not only through positional authority, but also through building relationships within and external to the organisation, and presenting compelling arguments for change.
- Exceptional technical skills and have the ability to drive superior outcomes through introduction and positioning of new ideas, good decision making and having the self-awareness of his/her impact on the motivation of others.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.