We’re passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial & Sourcing, this role will be responsible for developing and leading delegated deals across all areas from conception through to execution. This role will also be responsible and accountable for all delegated deal negotiation to ensure Medibank receives the greatest benefits from every deal, both from a financial and capability perspective, to ensuring effective outcomes to better enable the business.
Other key responsibilities include;
- Assist in recognising and mitigating technical and contractual risks.
- Advocate for Head Commercial and Sourcing and our internal customers and to work on their behalf.
- Provide input and assistance in deal business case development.
- Responsible for justifying, sourcing and qualification of deal suppliers.
- Responsible for providing regular feedback to the Head of Commercial & Sourcing on deal progress and outstanding issues.
You will have experience managing large complex commercial relationships with vendors and experience in strategic level commercial management role.
Other key criteria include;
- Significant experience in Financial Management across the following areas: Forecasting, Budgeting, Pricing;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to create a compelling message and preparation, writing and production of strategic and formal documents.
- Strong stakeholder management experience in building relationships across a broad range of business positions including Board, Executive and Managers.
- Sound understanding of corporate transactions and shareholder value.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.