We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
The Product Development Manager, Overseas Portfolio role is responsible for the development and execution of Medibank’s proposition, within the overseas markets.
In this role you will:
- Develop and execute the overseas portfolio strategy incorporating full end-to-end propositions to drive growth over the short, medium and longer term within the overseas market
- Work in partnership with the General Manager, Senior Portfolio Manager Overseas and Sales Team to deliver compelling, competitively superior propositions that deliver to target customer value propositions (B2C and B2B)
- Manage the full product lifecycle from ideation through to product closure, including BAU product operations and portfolio management
- Support the delivery of the pricing strategy, in consultation with Actuarial Services and Commercial Pricing, for OSHC, OWHC & OVAC within the overseas portfolio
- Optimise proposition delivery across key channels and sectors (e.g. universities, agents & brokers)
- Optimise channel effectiveness and readiness as it relates to the selling and servicing of our products
The role is principally accountable for:
- Delivering target gross margin outcomes for the overseas portfolio
- Ensuring delivery of propositions to market result in a superior customer and partner experience executed on time and on budget
- Driving ongoing extension of, and growth in, our range of health insurance, health assurance products and related financial service products for the overseas market
- Maintaining a competitively superior proposition in all markets through a continuous, future focussed, product pipeline
Degree qualified, you will present with at least 6 years’ experience in product development or business strategy development (B2B experience an advantage) ideally gained within management consulting, health, finance, or insurance industries (local or international).
You must be a strong communicator with the ability to structure a story and communicate with clarity and precision. You will manage senior stakeholder relationships, requiring strong negotiation and influencing capability.
Your product lifecycle management skills include:
- Product and pricing strategy development and execution
- Customer-led product conception, design and development
- Product performance and portfolio management
- Financial and commercial evaluation and associated business case development
You must demonstrate the ability to deal with complexity, including use of issue based problem solving and other strategy frameworks to define and solve novel problems, and also experience in commercialisation of ideas.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.
Please note, if this position attracts a large volume of interest, the closing date for applications may be brought forward. With this in mind, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.