We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support innovation, new thinking, and openly collaborating to share ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Who We Are
Medibank’s Garrison Health Services (GHS) delivers a national integrated healthcare service to the Australian Defence Force (ADF). Through Medibank’s extensive network GHS provides access to seamless quality healthcare to over 80 000 uniformed ADF personnel from point of injury or illness to recovery. The GHS team manages and coordinates over 1100 on-base primary healthcare experts, over 4000 medical specialists, 255 hospitals and over 8000 allied health professionals working in collaboration across all states.
We are looking for a dental assistant to join our team based on site at Albury. This is a Maternity Leave contract and will be permanent part time (4 days a week). This is a fantastic opportunity to get your foot in to Defence in a civilian role. Not only is it a great working environment, but treating this particular patient population can be very rewarding. The Dental Assistant is responsible for the provision of chair-side assistance to the Dentist/Dental Specialist/Hygienist in the delivery of dental services to Entitled Personnel in accordance with Defence Policies and Procedures.
As a Dental Assistant you will be required to perform a variety of clinical and administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Chair-side assistance to Dentists/Dental Specialists/Dental Hygienists;
- Promotion of oral health to patients where qualified;
- Take dental intra-oral/extra-oral radiographs where licensed;
- Implement infection control procedures within the dental surgery;
- Implement infection control procedures on the reprocessing of dental instruments and equipment; and
- Pouring of dental models as directed, where trained;
As a Dental Assistant you hold an Australian citizenship. Other Qualifications include:
- Certificate III in Dental Assisting;
- A minimum of 2 years recent full time chair-side dental assisting experience;
- Current first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification; and
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver a high standard of care to patients and work with limited supervision within a dental surgery.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.