We’re passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide high quality and timely company secretarial services and advice to Medibank Private Limited the ASX listed entity, and its subsidiaries.
Reporting to the Head of Governance – Company Secretariat, the Governance Advisor will be working collaboratively to ensure the Annual Report is complaint with the legal and regulatory requirements under the Corporations Act and Regulations, ASX Listing Rules and ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations. You will be assisting with the drafting of the Corporate Governance Statement and the directors’ report of the Annual Report, the notice of meeting and the proxy and will be responsible for coordinating the annual general meeting.
The Governance Advisor is also responsible for managing Medibank’s corporate governance disclosures, external reporting obligations and all regulatory notifications and lodgements ensuring Medibank’s compliance with the Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules and ASIC and APRA requirements. Managing the Group Delegations of Authority framework, reviewing Group policies and Board and committee charters also fall within the scope of this role.
You will also manage the daily relationship with the Share Registry including coordinating dividend payments, shareholder communications and campaigns. Managing the subsidiaries of the Medibank Group is another key accountability of the Governance Advisor.
As a senior member of the team, you will be providing guidance and support as required, to the other members of the Company Secretariat team.
To be successful in the role of the Governance Advisor you need to have a sound knowledge of Company’s administration requirements under the Corporations Act and the ASX Listing Rules and familiarity with the ASIC reporting/notification requirements. Having a Legal qualification is a must and having had exposure to an ASX listed company secretarial environment is highly desirable.
Other key criteria include;
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Corporate Governance offered by the Governance Institute or working towards completion of the qualification.
- Genuine interest and understanding of company secretarial work.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of company secretarial records management and compliance systems.
- Strong verbal skills and the ability to effectively communicate processes and compliance requirements to management.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to high quality work, including commitment to completion and follow-through in all tasks.
- Excellent clear and concise writing style and the ability to draft and edit documents.
- Ability to work within business systems and devise system – based approaches to compliance activities.
- Ability to work within a demanding environment and to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and resolve conflicting requirements.
- Strong service orientation and ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.