We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
As the security analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring controls are maintained and effective, monitoring security event data, and investigating indicators of compromise. You will also be responsible for contributing to the security posture of the organisation through their involvement in and contribution to risk management, security policy review, and incident response training activities.
Other key responsibilities include;
- Manage rulesets and configurations of log-generating systems and log-correlation tools
- Manage and tune the logging and alerting levels within the log generation and log-correlation tools
- Implementation and management of network security infrastructure, security controls and tools
- Document relevant work procedures to ensure repeatability and where possible, automation of workflows
- Triage alerts and indicators of compromise to prioritise investigation of those alerts and indicators
You are a Security Analyst with strong experience with information security with highly analytical and problem solving skills. You will also have a history of contributing to the security community.
Other key criteria include;
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage expectations under pressure
- Hands-on experience managing Linux environments
- Hands-on experience managing Windows environments
- Management of vulnerability-scanning and vulnerability-management tools
- Understanding and experience with TCP/IP and networking
- Experience with event management or correlation tools
- Understanding scripting languages including but not limited to Python, Perl and Powershell (desired)
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.