We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
The Senior Security Analysts are responsible for ensuring controls are maintained and effective, investigating incidents and identifying indicators of compromise from the information sources at hand. You will also contribute to the security posture of the organisation through your involvement in and contribution to risk management, security policy review, and incident response training activities.
Other key responsibilities include;
- Identifying threats across Medibank infrastructure and responding to them appropriately
- Manage and optimise rulesets and configurations of log-generating systems and log-correlation tools based on intelligence gathered from our systems.
- Manage and tune the logging and alerting levels within the log generation and log-correlation tools
- Implementation and management of network security infrastructure, security controls and tools
- Document relevant work procedures to ensure repeatability and where possible, automation of workflows
You will be an experienced Security Analyst with a passion for information security with highly developed analytical and problem solving skills combined who is either CISSP or CISM qualified. You will also have a history of contributing to the security community.
Other key criteria include;
- Understanding scripting languages including but not limited to Python, Perl and Powershell
- Hands-on experience managing Linux environments
- Hands-on experience managing Windows environments
- Management of vulnerability scanning and vulnerability management tools
- Understanding and experience with networking equipment such as switches, firewalls, and routers
- Experience with event management or correlation tools
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.