We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
As a Security Architect/Threat Hunter you will be responsible for designing and implementing processes to protect the organisation in an ever evolving threat landscape.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Communication of technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to collaborate with and gain the trust of stakeholders throughout the organisation
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage expectations with stakeholders
- Contribution to our risk management processes with the goal to articulate and prioritise risks
- Understanding of security control implementations and their ability to meet control objectives
- Identification and remediation of threats to the environment as it continues to evolve
- Leverage your expertise to assist team members where required
You are a Security Architect who has relevant certifications, such as CISSP or CISM, and have significant experience in information security. You will also have demonstrated highly developed oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to other technical audiences. You will also have a history of contributing to the security community.
Other key criteria include;
- A passion for information security and a history of contribution to the security community
- Previous experience within a Security Operations role
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Broad understanding of networking and computing concepts
- Build capability, both in a hands on manner and from a design role
- Experience programming python to solve cyber security challenges (desirable)
- Experience using security tool API's to automate incident detection and response (desirable)
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.