We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support innovation, new thinking, and openly collaborating to share ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Who We Are
Medibank's Garrison Health Services (GHS) delivers a national integrated healthcare service to the Australian Defence Force (ADF). Through Medibank's extensive network GHS provides access to seamless quality healthcare to over 80 000 uniformed ADF personnel from point of injury or illness to recovery. The GHS team manages and coordinates over 1100 on-base primary healthcare experts, over 4000 medical specialists, 255 hospitals and over 8000 allied health professionals working in collaboration across all states.
We are looking for a permanent senior dentist to join our team at Edinburgh on a part time basis. The Senior Dentist is responsible for the overall professional management of a dental facility with a significant role in mentoring and teaching. They will have advanced skills and experience in areas of clinical treatment that aligns with the service delivery to Entitled Personnel in accordance with Defence Policies and Procedures.
As a Senior Dentist you will be required to perform a variety of clinical and administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Emergency dental treatment;
- Dental examinations, reviews and referrals;
- Routine dental treatment including endodontics, periodontal treatment, prosthodontics and minor oral surgery as necessary;
- Liaise with other military and civilian dental and health professionals in relation to patient clinical care needs as required;
- Provide administrative leadership within the dental facility;
- Co-ordinate the implementation of Business Plan requirements for the dental facility;
- Provide periodic audit and reporting as required for clinical and corporate governance
As Senior Dentist you will hold Australian Citizenship and have unconditional registration in Australia with AHPRA.
Other Qualifications include:
- Current licence to operate ionising radiation apparatus where required by AHPRA and relevant State legislation;
- A minimum of 6 years full-time post-graduate clinical experience;
- Post-graduate qualifications equivalent to ADF CL3 requirements (clinical graduate diploma or FRACDS);
- Current first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification;
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver a high
- standard of care to patients and work independently in a health facility;
- Demonstration of management skills including leadership, rostering, staff development and conflict resolution; and
- Complete the Qualified Assessment (QA) Course: The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (4 module requirement)
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.