Who We Are
Since 2013, Medibank’s Garrison Health Services (GHS) have been delivering a national integrated healthcare service to the Australian Defence Force. Through our extensive network, GHS provides seamless access to quality healthcare to the 60,000+ permanent and 20,000+ reservist uniformed personnel – from point of injury or illness to recovery.
Medibank provides comprehensive management of the provision and clinical oversight of health services including prevention, treatment and rehabilitation for both physical and mental health conditions. These capabilities are provided through excellence and consistency in clinical governance and management practices.
We are looking for a medical officer to join our Puckapunyal team based on site to cover 3 days a week. This is a fantastic opportunity to get a foot in the door with the Australian Defence Force in a much coveted civilian based role. This is an incredibly rewarding environment working with an active and unique patient population. If you are seeking a change from generic private practice healthcare, this might be the role for you.
Opportunities for career progression are also available depending on your level of experience. We also offer the potential to specialise in a particular medical field such as aviation medicine, underwater medicine or GP training. Please note we may be able to assist with certain travel considerations and possibly relocation.
The Medical Officer is responsible for the delivery of medical services to Defence Personal. The services provided may be in an outpatient setting from a health centre, or inpatient care such as a low acuity ward. As a Medical Officer you will be required to perform a variety of clinical and administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Sick Parade and GP consultations, referrals, health screenings and liaison with allied health professionals;
- Conduct of occupational medical and health assessments for all Entitled Personnel to determine employability and deployability of Entitled Personnel
- Minor surgery consistent with those performed in general practice
- Emergency medical responses
As Medical Officer you will have Australian citizenship in order to hold a baseline security clearance. Other mandatory requirements include:
- Hold full and unconditional registration as a medical practitioner in Australia with AHPRA.
- A Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Fellow of the College of Rural and Remote Medicine, Vocational Registration or equivalent suitable experience and training.
- Experience within a general practice setting
- Demonstrated involvement in continuous professional development & medical education.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training/qualification or equivalent.
To find out more about what life on base is like for a senior doctor follow our link -
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.