We’re passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
This role will be a senior member of the Investigations Leadership team and will provide strategic and operational support to the Head of Investigations. The role will be responsible for identifying, limiting and investigating the payment of improper claims resulting in referrals to regulatory and law enforcement bodies and/or initiating civil action.
This role will provide strategic direction and drive operational excellence in their areas of responsibility. This will include:
- Leading and developing a team of investigators who assess and recommend action based on identified risk
- Overseeing, managing and following up referrals to law enforcement and regulatory bodies
- Overseeing civil action and escalated recoveries
- Identifying enterprise wide solutions to limit fraud, abuse and error
- Managing the intelligence function of the Investigations team
- Overseeing staff investigations related to improper claiming
You will have a recent background in investigations with a significant experience in a commercial, enforcement or regulatory environment. You will have strong experience conducting end to end, high volume complex investigations and demonstrated experience dealing with law enforcement, regulatory and compliance bodies.
Other key criteria include;
- Experience pursuing civil restitution
- A thorough understanding of the surveillance devices act in all states and territories
- Proven record of conducting interviews
- Evidence of exposure to and management of human source information
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting cases under management
- Proven track record of continuous improvement
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Ability to identify and engage key stakeholders and manage business relationships in a professional manner
- Ability to identify and mitigate risk
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.