We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support innovation, new thinking, and openly collaborating to share ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Who We Are
Medibank's Garrison Health Services (GHS) delivers a national integrated healthcare service to the Australian Defence Force (ADF). Through Medibank's extensive network GHS provides access to seamless quality healthcare to over 80 000 uniformed ADF personnel from point of injury or illness to recovery. The GHS team manages and coordinates over 1100 on-base primary healthcare experts, over 4000 medical specialists, 255 hospitals and over 8000 allied health professionals working in collaboration across all states.
We are looking for a casual pharmacist to join our team based on site at Albury, this vacancy has the opportunity to lead into a permanent position. The Pharmacist is responsible for the provision of pharmaceutical and medical and dental logistic services to Defence Personnel.
As a Pharmacist you will be required to perform a variety of clinical and administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Providing dispensing services for medicines;
- Ensuring adequate supplies, correct storage and forensic control of medicines;
- Promoting safe, effective and appropriate use of medications;
- Providing pharmacy technical advice, education and training to health practitioners;
- Health material management including store control, inventory and stocktake;
- Monitoring of dependent units to ensure compliance; and
- Comply and participate in clinical governance audits.
As Pharmacist you will have Australian citizenship and hold a current and unrestricted registration in Australia with AHPRA. Other mandatory criteria include:
- Defence, Hospital or Community pharmacy experience within the last six months;
- Working knowledge and application of relevant State, Territory and Commonwealth legislation governing pharmaceutical supply and use; and
- High level of communication.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.