Medical Officer - Aviation
We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support innovation, new thinking, and openly collaborating to share ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Who We Are
Medibank's Garrison Health Services (GHS) delivers a national integrated healthcare service to the Australian Defence Force (ADF). Through Medibank's extensive network GHS provides access to seamless quality healthcare to over 80 000 uniformed ADF personnel from point of injury or illness to recovery. The GHS team manages and coordinates over 1100 on-base primary healthcare experts, over 4000 medical specialists, 255 hospitals and over 8000 allied health professionals working in collaboration across all states.
We are looking for a permanent part time Aviation Medical Officer to join our East Sale base for 2 days a week. You will be expected to provide aviation medical services inclusive of aviation specific services such as fitness to fly assessments, aircrew medicals and general medical management for aircrew. You may also be required to provide medical technical advice to relevant personnel. As Aviation Medical Officer you will be required to perform a variety of clinical and administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Provision of appropriate medical advice to Base and Unit Commanders including the fitness for employment and deployment of personnel;
- Pre and post deployment health checks; and
- Maintain clinical competencies and currency in accordance with RACGP guidelines and Defence Policies and Procedures.
As Medical Officer you will hold full and unconditional registration as a medical practitioner in Australia with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority (AHPRA) with demonstrated involvement continuous professional development & medical education.
Other Qualifications include:
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate general practitioner experience.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training/qualification or equivalent
- A Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Fellow of the College of Rural and Remote Medicine, Vocational Registration or equivalent suitable experience and training.
- Basic military aviation medicine course or equivalent. This includes:
- Australian Defence Force Aviation Medical Officer Course;
- US Air Force Primary Aerospace Medicine Course, US Navy or US Army basic courses;
- Equivalent military AVMED course as determined by Commanding Officer AVMED.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.