We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support innovation, new thinking, and openly collaborating to share ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Who We Are
Medibank's Garrison Health Services (GHS) delivers a national integrated healthcare service to the Australian Defence Force (ADF). Through Medibank's extensive network GHS provides access to seamless quality healthcare to over 80 000 uniformed ADF personnel from point of injury or illness to recovery. The GHS team manages and coordinates over 1100 on-base primary healthcare experts, over 4000 medical specialists, 255 hospitals and over 8000 allied health professionals working in collaboration across all states.
We are ramping up our recruitment for Medical Officers and are looking for casual and part time GPs to join our teams based on site across Victoria. This is an exciting opportunity to get your foot in the door as these vacancies have the opportunity to lead into permanent positions. Working within the Defence environment offers great work variety, opportunities for progression and a very unique patient demographic.
The locations of our Victorian sites include Albury, Puckapunyal, Hastings, Laverton, Sale, Melbourne and Watsonia. The Medical Officer is responsible for the delivery of medical services to Entitled Personal. The services provided may be in an outpatient setting from a health centre, or inpatient care such as a low acuity ward attached to the health centre. As a Medical Officer you will be required to perform a variety of clinical and administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- General Practice (GP) consultations, referrals, health screenings and liaison with allied health professionals;
- Conduct of occupational medical and health assessments for all Entitled Personnel to determine employability and deployability of Entitled Personnel
- Minor surgery consistent with those performed in GP
- Emergency medical responses
As Medical Officer you will have Australian citizenship and hold full and unconditional registration as a medical practitioner in Australia with AHPRA.
Other Qualifications include:
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate general practitioner experience.
- A Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Fellow of the College of Rural and Remote Medicine, Vocational Registration or equivalent suitable experience and training.
- Demonstrated involvement continuous professional development & medical education.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training/qualification or equivalent.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.