We're passionate about nurturing careers.
We support new innovation and thinking, and openly collaborate and share new ideas. We're healthy and active in our lives and wellbeing is encouraged at every level. Our people play an important role in the future of health and healthcare and we believe that working together, we're stronger.
Medibank is a leading private health insurer with 40 years of experience delivering better health to Australians. We look after the health cover needs of millions of customers and deliver a wide range of programs to support health and wellbeing in the community.
The Healthcare and Strategy team is focused on redefining the way healthcare will be purchased, funded and delivered in order to improve the health system experience. Our aim is to create a centre of excellence that is driven by innovation, clinical expertise, the patient experience and informed healthcare purchasing. Therefore we are building our capability by investing in provider management, analytics and insights capability
We are currently seeking a Health Information Manager or Clinical Coder to join our enthusiastic and passionate Health Audit Team. You will be an active member of a team that:
- Participates in audit activities to ensure data integrity and compliance with hospital contractual agreements, Australian Coding Standards and other industry guidelines. Analyses and reports on audit data, trends and outcomes
- Provides advice on relevant casemix, DRG and clinical coding matters to internal and external stakeholders to allow for informed decisions to be made on Hospital Contracting and hospital claim payment issues.
- Follows through on audit outcomes, including benefit correction and implementation of solutions to ensure ongoing compliance with contractual agreements.
- Works closely with both internal and external stakeholders and provides relevant advice and guidance on audit initiatives
The role will be supported by Medibank’s experienced Health Information Managers, Clinical Team and Analytics Team.
Medibank values professional development and provides opportunities for further training, including conference and education applicable to the role.
Key skills and experience required include:
- Degree Qualification in Health Information Management or Clinical Coder Qualification
- At least 2 years post-graduate experience in clinical coding or experience working with clinical coding data, preferably at tertiary hospital level
- Advanced organisational skills and effective time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Competent knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of the private health insurance sector.
What We Offer
In return for your hard work we offer a range of great benefits, including subsidised private health insurance, travel insurance and pet insurance. Furthermore, we take the health and wellbeing of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging wellbeing at all levels of life.
Medibank is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
A Career at Medibank adds up to more. More achievement. More progress. More passion and more innovation for health.
For a career option that will suit you better, click to apply.
Please note, if this position attracts a large volume of interest, the closing date for applications may be brought forward. With this in mind, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.